// Industries that use Leef system
PFAS contamination landfill
The LEEF System® can be applied anywhere that PFAS needs to be removed from wastewater or leachate. In the US, it is especially beneficial for landfill managers, senior technical advisers, waste management services, environmental and public health regulators and council municipalities looking for an economic solution to contamination.
PFAS contamination of landfill generally occurs in three main areas:
- Contaminated/industrial sites – an entity that is currently using or operating on a site that has historically or is currently being exposed to contaminants.
- Diffuse sources/off-site receptors – receptors of PFAS-impacted materials from migration of impacted material (such as solids, water, air) from other sites.
- Waste receivers – entities that receive contaminants from an external source such as landfills and water utilities.
The potential applications for the LEEF System® PFAS treatment solution include:
- Complex waste streams with high co-contaminants
- Ground and surface waters
- Reverse Osmosis brine streams
Industries where the LEEF System® is applicable include manufacturing, defence, mining, major hazard facilities, brownfield construction, airports, ports, landfills, waste management, environmental regulators.
PFAS contamination landfill? Find out if the LEEF System® is the right solution for you:
// WHY CHOOSE LEEF
The LEEF System® Benefits
- Direct PFAS removal without pre-treatment
- Zero chemicals or consumables are used in the treatment process.
- Removal of target PFAS compounds to below the analytical limit of detection
- Less than 1% waste stream consistently produced, with further reductions possible using solar distillation.
- Treat small to large flows (7500gpd – 250,000gpd+)
- Cost-efficient with low energy and operational requirements
- Multiple treatment capacities
- Modular, easy to scale and customize
- Simple-to-operate, low-maintenance system